UGMuscle

Advice for a 5 day split

Advice for a 5 day split

Hey guys, currently looking for advice or adjustments on a good 5 day split for being 8 weeks out.
On a bodybuilding shred at 200-205 lbs
i know most of you guys have a lot of experience, especially the members who have competed before.
so this is what i got so far

Monday day 1: legs & 1 hour cardio
Tuesday day 2: rest & 1 hour cardio
Wednesday day 3: Chest & 1 hour cardio
Thursday day 4: rest & 1 hour cardio
Friday day 5: Back & 1 hour cardio
Saturday day 6: Shoulders & no cardio
Sunday Day 7: Arms & 1/2 hour cardio

1 Like

I would look up some well known programs or training methods such as Renaissance Periodization or Mountain Dog Training. I personally don’t like low frequency splits like you have laid out there.

2 Likes

I agree with @Dutchpharma. If you’re in good shape you could hit Legs, Chest, Back 2x/week. Do you need dedicated shoulder and arm days while cutting? I’d just throw a couple exercises in on other days.

1 Like

You might like the old max ot routine.
John Meadows routines have already been mentioned.
Another 5 day routine I liked when I was younger was phat.

1 Like

I’m breathing just from reading all that cardio! Good for you though man , heart health is at the forefront

1 Like

Thanks man I’ll look into your suggestions and yes I’m not too big of a fan of the low freq either I only came up with that after a night of research that’s what I came up with. Really appreciate the suggestions

I did something like a phat routine recently and absolutely loved it. I actually got great strength gains and muscle growth. Not sure if it was me putting my ass in gear or all the gear up my ass

1 Like
Any communication between a site sponsor or source is strictly between the member and source directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.