UGMuscle

Chicken Fried Rice | A Tack Recipe

Easy, not necessarily quick, chicken fried rice recipe. Between 1hr-2hr cook time.

8x Servings
Per Serving:

Calories   494
Fat         12g     5%
Carbs       91g    39%
Protein    131g    56%

Recipe:

• 3 chicken breasts (866g)
  • 3 cups rice
  • 1 can peas & carrots
  • 1 can corn
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup soy sauce (not shown)
  • 1 onion
  • 3 tbsp canola oil
  • Chicken Spice mix, salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder, light cayenne pepper.

Two of the breasts were really thick, so I fillet them.

Crank that grill to max, spray a bit of cooking spray, let it sizzle, and spice. Once cooked, let it rest in a covered container, keep the drippings.

This is about when the dogs will showed up. Don’t worry, this is only a side effect, they’ll get out of the way shortly.

I skipped the part about making rice, I’m sure y’all know how to do that. But I had to do this part in two batches. This is fried rice, so add a bit of oil in a wok or deep pan, throw the rice in, throw your veggies (drained) and eggs in

Keep stirring hard and fast to get the egg all coated and cooked through out the rice, only takes a minute or two. Add soy.

Stir for another few minutes, then take off heat.

Set an iron to max (or whatever pan you’ve got) and caramelize some onions in chicken drippings. Set aside.

The chicken should be well rested. Dice it up, and portioned. Same with the onions.
I like to put the chicken at the bottom, so when I need to cook the thing quickly out of the freezer, it turns out okay in the microwave without the chicken getting completely nuked.

Otherwise, I defrost in the fridge overnight, or leave it out for a couple hours, throw it in a pan really quick, or microwave.

Let me know if you like this format, I have more recipes coming. I’ll be calling this “A Tack Recipe” series

11 Likes

Looks great it’s chicken rice veggies with some eggs basically my daily meals and now that I think of it that way I’ll never order it from restaurant again haha

3 Likes

Heck yeah. Keep posting them up brother.

Poor pups…they’re just wanting a little people food.

2 Likes

Awesome! Will give this a try!

1 Like

Keep them coming. Food looks great!

1 Like

Good job on the chic n rice looks great,I hate meal prepping, my meal prep is usually, make more for dinner and that’s what I bring to work the next day, and when it comes to beef or venison and I have it out before its cooked, both my dogs are waiting for their raw scraps right next to me in the kitchen

2 Likes

Looks good. I’m going to make it

1 Like

Correction, I updated the nutrition info, I had completely the wrong stats on the chicken breast. Calories went down by 4, fat raised from 9g-12g (5%), carb lowered 91g (39%), protein raised (131g), I have to go back through my diet logs and update everything, at least the calorie count is close enough, so not a completely absurd mistake.

Looks delicious! Keep em coming!

1 Like

Hilarious brother

Oh my God that looks absolutely amazing

I missed this one here im trying to tell you how to make Alfredo and your a food prep chef brother lol

That’s really interesting I am going to make this because I have been interested in fried rice at home for awhile actually forever I need a deeper pan with a large bottom

1 Like

Yeah I would say my pan really isn’t the greatest to get a real cook on the rice. The only true way is to have a wok and one of those crazy looking jet burners. I have been able to use cast iron, but it’s a pain to clean afterwards. But if you are looking for something a bit different from the usual meals, this is worth having around as a quick microwave dish.

1 Like

That’s the goal to improve the rice quality from just jasmine or yellow white to actually having fried rice would be amazing and I can add so much into fried rice then just choose a protein and throw it in great recipe for our lifestyle I need to get a turkey fryer and a wok I will turn the turkey fryer up and put the wok on that lol
Atleast that’s what im picturing I will really need lol I will end up using a non stick cook pan lol

1 Like

This looks fantastic. I am going to give it a go. I’ll leave out them onions, but everything else is in!

2 Likes
Any communication between a site sponsor is strictly between the member and sponsor directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.