Do steroids harm your heart?

I was asked this question but I’m not sure. I believe not directly. It might indirectly if it’s helping someone be 300lbs of muscle that’s hard on the heart in general.

I saw it may increase plaque build up. But I’ve never seen an explanation.

The heart is definitely effected by AAS. In many different ways because all of the different compounds that are used effect the heart in many different ways.

I don’t really know about plaque buildup on the heart or arteries but I do know about a plaque buildup on the brain from androgens

I did a write up on here somewhere about AAS and cholesterol. You should try to find it and check it out. But in short, yes it does have an effect on the brain and on the heart. To what degree would be a lot of different factors to figure out. How long, how much and how often you take a break as well as what things you are doing to prevent or counteract different ailments all come to mind when asking the question.

I’m never heard of this. Interesting

Let me clear up the statement on plaque on the brain. What, medically, we currently know is that things like; high blood pressure, high cholesterol, higher levels of calcium a few other things can cause plaque and or calcium deposits on the brain. These things can happen without ever using AAS. However, the use of AAS often exacerbates the same things that would cause it otherwise. So realistically yes you’re at a higher risk but it is not a direct cause as it can happen through other various medical reasons

3 Likes

I found your post.

So this comes with the question of, what do you do to protect yourself?

The best way to attempt to prevent it is by keeping a healthy cholesterol friendly diet and giving yourself adequate breaks between cycles. Add in the use of cholesterol reducing supplements like Omega 3-6-9, Cholest-off, Berberine, Fiber, Soy Protein and garlic.

2 Likes

There is so much involved. Heart disease is number one killer by far. I do believe since the body really has no idea if your a lean 280 or a fat 280, at the simplest level. Whatever causes our pump to work harder. Especially when the lungs and blood gases are “at rest” levels. The heart says I gotta do this myself? And it compensates.

2 Likes

I just found this supplement plan by someone that made extremely drastic changes in their cholesterol in just a 90 days period. The numbers were astonishing.

Cholesterol tested 12-14-2017 was:
• Cholesterol = 262 mg/dL (normal is 100-199)
• Triglycerides = 134
• HDL Cholesterol = 53
• LDL Cholesterol = 182 (normal is 0-99)

Cholesterol Tested 3-15-2018 was:
• Cholesterol = 197 mg/dL (normal is 100-199) (WENT DOWN 65 POINTS!)
• Triglycerides = 106
• HDL Cholesterol = 49
• LDL Cholesterol = 127 (normal is 0-99) (WENT DOWN 55 POINTS!)

1 Now Foods Probiotic-10? 50 Billion - 50 Vcaps (2-Pack) pill
• 1 Vitafusion Men’s Gummy Vitamins, 150 Count (Packaging May Vary) pill
• 2 Nature Made CholestOff Original Caplets w. Plant Sterols & Stanols Value Size 120 ctpills
• 1 Doctor’s Best Ubiquinol with Kaneka QH, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Heart Health, 100 mg, 60 Softgels pill
• 2 BRI Nutrition Odorless Garlic - 120 Softgels - 1000mg Pure And Potent Garlic Allium Sativum Supplement (Maximum Strength) - 60 Day Supply Pills

Night Suppliments taken with a meal:
• 1 Vitafusion Men’s Gummy Vitamins, 150 Count (Packaging May Vary) pill
• 2 Nature Made CholestOff Original Caplets w. Plant Sterols & Stanols Value Size 120 ctpills
• 1 NOW L-Carnitine 1000 mg,100 Tablets Pill
• 2 Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine 1500mg. Highest Potency Available. Premium Pain Relief & Joint Support with 95% Standardized Curcuminoids. Non-GMO, Gluten Free Turmeric Capsules with Black Pepper Pills

That’s a interesting protocol. Is this legitimate?

1 Like

I’m not 100% but the guy did have the whole list broken down and showed pictures of the before and after results of his cholesterol tests with the numbers. All of the “ingredients” to this list are legitimate and have been studied and shown to improve cholesterol, high bp and or heart and cardiovascular function. Dosage seems to be the key. I don’t give a shit, I’ll Guinea pig it. My cholesterol is fucked so it’s worth a shot. I’ll pick everything up when this cycle is over and run it with blood tests of you guys want to see. I’m curious myself.

Im interested
Im always looking forward to a new way. You know I have a distrust for supps

1 Like

Don’t we all lol. I’ll be spending some time researching these companies and any companies they use for 3rd party testing. Some ot them I have seen and head of plenty of times, some not so much. So if the product seems legit I’ll buy it and add it to the shelf for this little experiment.

I was close to death and within days of going on the transfer list 12 years ago. Were steroids totally to blame. Probably not but did they contribute to my problems? Most definitely.

Thats why I now preach less is more. Health and Life is more important. You can still enjoy this sport and the enhancement products available safely.

2 Likes

I was going to say that would be a helpful story to tell. But, usually the ones intended to hear that message ,won’t. It will fall on deaf ears. I am not any closer to figuring that one out, so I always speak or try to from my own experience. With this type of site that can reach so many, its seems like a great vehicle to get out a lot of good info and actually try to do things healthier. I’ve seen things get worse. Information overload, maybe even people getting more lazy. I see a topic and read responses that seem like most want to argue, or look for differences instead of listening to experience. It’s the same as when there was no forums or internet. Throwing everything else out, can AAS cause , directly, heart problems/disease. My experience says no. Now, through back in everything else, the lifestyle, the doses the other drugs to combat side effects…not to mention the up and down dieting, and my biggest reason for a definite yes is the athlete especially a strength athlete/ bber is the tunnel vision mentality. Not to mention, AAS can enhance that type of focus. I know my opinion but like with combustible tobacco and lung cancer/disease. There’s always the outliers " Grandma smoked 3 packs a day and lived to 103" I struggle to explain responsible use, you have to have the right audience.

2 Likes

This is absolutely true

Without the UK National Health service I would be dead. Plain and simple. My meds alone cost probably close to $1000 a month. I have a ICD which costs about $200,000. But I get everything for free apart from my Government National Insurtance payments which also count towards my State Retirement Pension

1 Like

Im glad that you are still with us. I would really like to read a write up about your experience starting at the beginning and then going through surgery to then come back on the other side.

You don’t have to at all im just really curious about the story.

In the end, the same cautionary statement is true for everything. I also, of course, have seen and heard a few stories. Bbers or AAS users, whatever you want to call it, the life events are hard to decipher or get the " real truth". It’s a catch either way that I understand. If I’m 260 shredded, but get sick, there are still so many variables involved and no causation, can even be proven. So does someone admit using a gram a day of steroids but leave out the 10 year 3 grams a day cocaine habit. You know there is someone who will think, I never did the other stuff, so I’ll do 800mgs per day to be safe! I hope most of us and I really do mean it know now to take it slow and do things with all the knowledge you can. That’s eating and training as well. Less really is more until it isn’t. Then you break a plateu or break a PR, by adjusting something. Not always drugs. How many times have we heard or felt like shit stuffing the food in or taking more AAS, the body is on high alert! I still like to hear the stories that may be interesting too.:ghost:

1 Like
Any communication between a site sponsor or source is strictly between the member and source directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor or UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.For advertising enquiries contact [email protected] dot com.