UGMuscle

First time in a few weeks

First time in a few weeks I’ve used my smoker… been way too fucking cold in the middle of the country and been way too busy at work. Picked up a 10 lb center cut pork loin last weekend, decided to smoke it tonight. 225 for 4 hours with post oak charcoal and cherry/Apple wood mix. I patted the loin dry, scored the fat cap diagonal and basted the whole thing with yellow mustard, then mixed Kosmos Cow Cover, Honey Chipotle Killer Bee and Texas Beef all the way around. Looks like it got a nice little bark, in about 10 more minutes I’ll slice it into smoked chops

12 Likes

Looks good!

This is how they looked sliced. It was a 10 lb cut, I’ll have to freeze half of it, but it’ll be just as good in a few weeks

4 Likes

Feed me!!!

Heck yeah.

1 Like

@Rusty, come on down to Iowa bud, if the weather stays over freezing this weekend we’ll probably smoke some more… maybe ribs

3 Likes

@JB_rD81 you don’t mess around!

1 Like

Looks awesome

1 Like

@JLee , it’s starting to become a hobby. I rarely drink, and my wife is the biggest hypochondriac in the world, so we rarely leave the house except for work or the gym… it helps me keep my sanity.

@Kad1 thank you

3 Likes

Not a bad hobby it’s synergistic with lifting

2 Likes

looks delicious bro I been cooking a lot myself

I always have trouble with pork loin drying out. I haven’t tried to smoke it though. The cooking temperature for pork has been lowered to 145 safely though. So for lean cuts this helps a lot.

@Trollus i smoke center cut loins and tenderloins to 145 and then tent them with foil off the smoker for about 15-30 min, it allows them to continue to cook. If you’re having issues with them drying out, try injecting them. Apple juice works real good for injecting pork

1 Like

I need that, it does sound like some bite,I like jt.

Or @JB_rD81 there are other things to smoke, while your smoking.

3 Likes

@John sometimes I smoke while I’m smoking… gotta be careful though, some of the shit I have ruins me and I can’t even get my body to work enough to get off the couch

1 Like

Hahahaha. Then you eat more too!! I’ll be on my way to Iowa soon. Then you can get me a job at GM also lol

Iowa I thought the whole state was corn lol

1 Like

That’s how they make corn flakes bro!!!

1 Like

That’s the truth lol

1 Like
Any communication between a site sponsor is strictly between the member and sponsor directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.