UGMuscle

Food Prep in the New Smoker

Just wanted to share. Tried out some chicken thighs in the new smoker. Tried out some cajun seasoning on them. We got a new electric pellet one which is great, I can do my work inside and not have to deal with adjusting it. Which now, I’ll probably use it all the time haha. It adds a lot more variety to my meal prep.

13 Likes

Im so jealous lol soon enough I will have that type of food in my prep I can’t wait to get my smoker.

They look great @Causkatz I can see that pink smoke ring I might need to order bbq tonight lol

1 Like

Looks delicious.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm. Throw in a diet dr d and you won’t hear nothing outta me for a while!

Looks great.

2 Likes

Did you eat them yet?

@Causkatz, those look amazing! I do a lot of thighs and hind quarters… thinking about doing smoked Buffalo wings and pork belly burnt ends this weekend

3 Likes

I’d eat that in a heartbeat

1 Like

And I love cajun seasoning

2 Likes

What the hell! I’m I only member without a smoker lol! Looks good by the way

2 Likes

I don’t have one yet either but working on getting one

2 Likes

Me either brother hahaha

2 Likes

Nice! Looks good

1 Like

Taste tested and we’re great, nice and juicy. I portion them out with rice and top with some lime or lemon juice and throw them in the freezer until I need them.

1 Like

Haha time to get on it boy. You’re missing out

2 Likes

That sounds so good! Haven’t had pork belly yet. Always looks good. Once I have this nailed down I need to try a brisket.

2 Likes

And my 6oz portions of breast and rice don’t look so good now

1 Like

@Causkatz , Brisket is easy! You can either do it low and slow at 225, or you can do it hot and fast at 325… if you do it hot, make sure you inject the flat, otherwise it will dry out… and make sure you go fat cap down as I’m sure the heat in your smoker comes from the bottom! I have posted a couple briskets on here

1 Like

I’ll be right over. Lol. Looks amazing. @JB_rD81 is the king of the smoker. I’m sure he’ll share lots of good info with you.

3 Likes

Don’t forget about @Shock6050 and @Causkatz ugmuscle resident meat smokers lol
Soon me to hopefully

3 Likes

Absolutely! One of the great things about cooking low and slow is that all you really need is to maintain the temperature inside and hit your target internal. For brisket I usually get it to 198-200…really important to break down that collagen as that starts breaking down much more when the internal is above 170 degrees. Sure your meat is safe to eat at 160, but for tougher cuts of meat it won’t nearly be tender enough.

Just got a new wireless probe that I can monitor the internal meat temp and the temp inside with a single probe by your phone (MEATER+). It’s quite popular and can easily be found by basic searches. It is so much better than the ones I previously used which required wires to run under the lid to monitor temps, though I still could wirelessly monitor everything from inside.

Happy smoking! BTW, love me some chicken thighs. Actually cooking up 4 lbs of them tomorrow in a zesty garlic and hen marinade.

2 Likes
Any communication between a site sponsor is strictly between the member and sponsor directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.