UGMuscle

Gearing up for GainzZz

Okay, so let’s get this log rolling. Forty-four-year-old male, 6’-1", and I weighed in at 185.5 this weekend. I started TRT this last January. My pre TRT test level was 424. I knew I was too high to get any help through insurance so I went through an online clinic. I was placed on the standard 200 mg test-c per week. I know that’s not a realistic therapeutic dose but I just rolled with it. After 10 weeks, my bloodwork showed my test at >1500 and my estradiol went from 12.9 to 41.2. I did notice a few pimples pop up every once in a while, but nothing drastic. Because of the raise in estradiol, I decided to start taking .5 mg Arimidex per week to see what that would affect it. I have another panel planned for next week, so I am curious to see the results.

I started powerlifting from scratch in March of 2018. I made pretty good noob progress for a forty year old. I was able to get my squat to 382, bench to 243, and deadlift to 440. That was after about 14 month’s of lifting. Over the last two years, my strength has slowly degraded and bottomed out. I was still working out 3-4 days per week to just basically maintain the strength I had left. In addition to the strength loss, I started to experience the other common symptoms associate with low t, and I don’t even consider myself to be that low. I can’t imagine how some guys at <200 must feel. Needless to say, the test worked wonders. Mood improved, stamina improved, motivation, strength, libido, all the good stuff.

Right now I don’t have any goals set except to just enjoy how I’m feeling and enjoying my lifting sessions. I am currently using the Juggernaut Powerlifitng AI app. I have always used the Barbell Medicine templates in the past and had good results with them, but it has been kinda nice to just wake up and lift without the need to think about it. I just pick an appropriate weight for how I’m feeling and then honestly rate the RPE of the set and the day and the app does everything else.

Week 3 Day 1 (177 days to mock meet)
Monday, 5/17/21

Comp Squat
[email protected]
[email protected]
Incline Bench
[email protected]
Hatfield Squat
[email protected]
Hip Thrust
[email protected] (first time doing these)
Weighted Situps
[email protected] (first time doing direct ab work)

10 Likes

Following!

200mg @ week is actually really good. That’s what my doc put me on biweekly.

2 Likes

Curious to see blood work

1 Like

The most often overlooked yet most important piece of info regarding low t- how do you feel at your current level. Your body may have been producing 900ng of test. So 400 would feel pretty awful.

Glad you took the initiative to get yourself healthy.

Excited to follow along.

7 Likes

You got a mock PL meet in 177 days… that’s kind of a goal… at least a marker.

2 Likes

Yeah, the app I’m using for my program requires and end date to program to. If you don’t have an actual meet your training for, it will pick one for you. That weekend I picked is the week before my dad and I head to Yosemite to hike half dome. I figured that would work out for me.

3 Likes

Let’s get it man

2 Likes

Lookin good. The program you are following is solid for sure

3 Likes

Following this!

2 Likes

Really impressive squat and deadlift numbers in particular!

2 Likes

Week 3 Day 2
Tuesday, 5/18/21

Spoto Press
[email protected]
Bentover Rows
[email protected]
DB Front Raise
[email protected]
Skullcruchers
[email protected]
[email protected]
Hammer Curls
[email protected]
[email protected]

The sleeves on my barbell are not spinning that great so I will be cleaning and oiling them this week.

4 Likes

Week 3 Day 3
Wednesday 5/19/21

Comp Dead
[email protected]
[email protected]
Comp Squat
[email protected]
DB RDLs
[email protected]
Ab Twists
[email protected]

I have been eyeing that 20-week challenge over at I know that it is geared more towards bodybuilding and getting ripped, which doesn’t interest me too much, but I think it would be fun to do anyways just running my powerlifting program or even switching over to a powerbuilding program to work in more hypertrophy. The start date is one day after I get back from a vacation with the fam, so the timing is perfect.

2 Likes

Week 3 Day 4
Thursday 5/20/21

DB Lateral Raise
[email protected]
[email protected]
Paused Deads
[email protected]
Paused Squats
[email protected]
16" Step Ups
[email protected]
Hip Thrust
[email protected]

2 Likes

Week 3 Day 5
Friday 5/21/21

Comp Bench
[email protected]
[email protected]
Chin Grip Pulldowns
[email protected]
Upright Rows
[email protected]
Tricep Pushdown
[email protected]
EZ Bar Curls
[email protected]

4 Likes

Keep up the hard work!

Week 4 Day 1
Monday 5/24/21

Comp Squat
[email protected]
[email protected]
Incline Bench
[email protected]
Hatfield Squat
[email protected]
Hip Thrust
[email protected]
Weighted Situps
[email protected]

Well, I am officially entered in that 20-week Get Ripped contest I mentioned earlier. It begins on Sunday, June 6th, so I have about 2 weeks to get things in order. The timing is pretty good, I am on vacation next week and will be getting back on the 5th. I will be abandoning my current program and starting one fresh with a mock meet date on the day before the last day of the contest, Saturday, October 23rd. The Juggernaut app I am using has been recently updated to be capable of programming a powerbuilding routine, so I might switch to that from my current powerlifting routine in order to get more hypertrophy focused lifts included.

2 Likes

I’ve always like “power building”.

Gives you strength and beach muskels.

2 Likes

Week 4 Day 2
Tuesday 5/25/21

Spoto Press
[email protected]
Bentover Rows
[email protected]
DB Front Raise
[email protected]
Skullcrushers
[email protected]
Hammer Curls
[email protected]

1 Like

Week 4 Day 3
Wednesday 5/26/21

Comp Dead
[email protected]
[email protected]
Comp Squat
[email protected]
DB RDLs
[email protected]
Ab Twists
[email protected]

2 Likes

Hit it hard brother!

1 Like
Any communication between a site sponsor is strictly between the member and sponsor directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.