WORKOUT 2 (Friday)
Deadlifts -
Barbell row -
Machine rows -
Barbell curls -
Barbell shrugs -
Abs

1 Like

Couple things I notice off hand; frequency. I always like to get everything in at least twice a week and feel you might lag in that regard with this program. For 3 day a week plans I really like full body all three days. Just watch total volume so your cns isn’t fried by Friday. Legs look a tad neglected and back overworked in my opinion

If your up to 4 days a week I’d recommend upper, lower, off, upper, lower, off, off.

How long have you been doing this routine? Work well for you?

2 Likes

I can see where you say back is overworked and legs are neglected. I can’t be the judge of the routine as I just did workout one for Monday today and I almost vomited at the gym and could barely walk out of there, lol. But for the first workout, I liked it because I can focus on the big lifts and track the progress with my log each week. As for 4 days, no sir I can only make the gym 3x a week due to work. I was doing full body 3x a week prior to this that consisted of about 15 exercises each day and halfway through the routine my muscles felt ripped and couldn’t finish The workout. It felt like my cns was fried and I couldn’t Up the weight on anything. Is there anything you can recommend/tweak regarding this routine?

Going full body for 3 days a week you have to scale the volume and lifts way back. Like 6-7 lifts TOPS per workout. And maybe 4 sets of 8 or 5x5 each

Squat
Row
Bench
Shrug
Curl
Pressdown
Abs

1 Like

as far as what I would change, I would go upper/lower still.

But hey, since that’s a new routine for you I say try it out. The best routine is the one you can stick to

1 Like

Noted. I’ll make a few tweaks to the program and probably lower the volume a tad on the reps. 12 did feel a bit much for the compound lifts I’ll try 8”s next session and see how that plays out.

As for resting time between sets. Seems to be quite conflicting info regarding research as everyone seems to have a different standpoint. Today I waited about a minute between sets. Any recommendation on this or do you think 1 minute is good? As for the press down would you add that in or replace it over the close grip press?

1 Like

Me personally, I give myself as much time as I need for rest between sets so I can fully maximize my strength effort for that set.

If I jump on a set too quick and lose reps because of it, I feel that is hindering my overall progress. Some guys like to keep the rest periods quick, might be to keep their heart rate up? Idk, lifting is lifting and I do cardio after haha not trying to get cardio in during weights

1 Like

That’s what was happening to me. I was losing about 1-2 reps every set with minute break between and my heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest on a verge of a heart attack. My HR was higher then it was when I used to run 2 miles in 11:30 :joy:

1 Like

Yeah man my two cents is to give yourself some more time and maximize those lifts :+1:

1 Like

I think muscles were frying because of the high estro water retention. Muscles never felt like this until that happened

Any communication between a site sponsor is strictly between the member and sponsor directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.