UGMuscle

Ice baths good or bad

Ice baths good or bad

I’ve been training very hard lately to the point where I’m so sore I can barely walk some days or barely put a shirt on. I’ve heard some say ice baths are a lifesaver and other say it slows protein synthesis and recovery because our body needs the inflammation to recover. What’s your experience with ice baths if you’ve used them how did it go for you?

1 Like

tried that a long time ago myself. I forget all the science behind it now but I do remember it helped and its backed up medically. Those cryogenic chambers are brutal. Last 1 i got in was -140

1 Like

In the winter I’ll put on shorts and go outside and lay in the snow, it helps, it really does.

1 Like

That just sounds painful. I’m gonna have to give it a try when I’m mentally strong enough lol

1 Like

it is :rofl: but 4min. Is all it freezes all your hair and you gotta wear a mask pre covid bc. Of lips. But when I get out I feel stoned almost

1 Like

I’m the exact opposite, when I’m sore like that I’ll take a shower, as hot as possible, and just stand for as long as possible! I like the heat!

2 Likes

Either temp extreme is actually beneficial genetically, and will activate your sirtuins which protect your DNA. The guy who came up with RICE train of thought has since said ice was the wrong thing.

Ice helps recovery in same day activity, but heat is what has been shown to reduce over all recovery of individual muscle groups.

Now this is the last research I read and could be out of date, but I usually go heat.

Makes me hate all those college ice baths even more.

2 Likes

Lol I usually do the same thing it seems to kinda loosen up my tightness in the muscle from the extreme heat

1 Like

Thanks for the info

1 Like

I use the cold more for inflammation.

2 Likes
Any communication between a site sponsor is strictly between the member and sponsor directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.