UGMuscle

New Member looking for advice

20 y/o powerlifter with 2 years of lifting under my belt. First competition coming up this Saturday (10/17). Any tips? Natural lifter & pic is me btw

5 Likes

Hello. Welcome. For protection of your identification alway blur your face out of pictures. I will remove your photo. OPSEC is important. :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

Welcome boss! Just get in their ass!!!

1 Like

Welcome buddy.

1 Like

Welcome to ugm!

1 Like

Welcome brother, you register those guns :grin:

1 Like

Keep your internal volume low until the day of the meet, no sense in getting burned out on adrenaline before you even lift, once the volume is up, keep it up, feed off everyone else around you. Open conservative with something you know you can hit an east double with, make your second attempt close to a PR, if not a PR, if you get 2 or 3 whites on 2nd attempt, shoot for the stars on 3rd attempt. Don’t be ashamed of missing lifts, an old coach told me if you go 9-9 in a meet, you’re not trying hard enough. I did competitions for almost 20 years, I miss it every time I see one of my friends getting ready for a meet.

2 Likes

Welcome I’m an aspiring competitor my self just bit later in the game and not natural at this point

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to ugmuscle brother glad to have you around

1 Like

Welcome

1 Like

Welcome aboard brotha if you have any questions just hmu :v:

1 Like

Welcome to UGMuscle. I might have to pick your brain when it comes to powerlifting.

1 Like

Welcome!
You’re in the right place, you will get all your questions answered here!

Welcome

Any communication between a site sponsor is strictly between the member and sponsor directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.