UGMuscle

Protein through whole foods only

Protein through whole foods only

Am I the only one who doesn’t purchase protein powders? I used to purchase them often when I was a vegetarian only because I found it difficult and/or expensive to meet my daily protein needs as a vegetarian without using powders. Now that I eat meats, I never buy protein. find it super easy to meet my daily needs through whole foods.

3 Likes

I use them intraworkout or right after. It’s hard to eat then. But I don’t rely on protein powder anymore. I try to get it all from Whole Foods. And I’ve made so much more progress this way.

2 Likes

Dam near

1 Like

However I have only used mine recently to put my kratom in

2 Likes

That’s the best way to go is with whole foods. Only shake I do post workout (zero appetite) is Redcons MRE which actually is made from whole foods and not whey. I will admit sometimes when my schedule gets crazy especially with work ill do a quick muscle milk or protein bar just so I hit my 3hr. windows for eating. @Islandswole are you doing more poultry, beef, or fish? Which do you prefer?

2 Likes

I use grass fed whey as part of my pre-workout and post workout meals. That’s the only time I drink them myself.

2 Likes

I always have a shake post workout but it’s made from whole eggs, strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, oats and water and maybe a scoop of weight gainer powder for the calories. Throw the lot through a blender and then down the hatch- delicious and probably a third of the cost of a protein powder shake. Bit more effort but I’ve just spent an hour beating the shit out of myself in the gym what’s another 2-3 minutes. I used to rely on powders but I just don’t trust that you’re getting what it says you’re getting from them.

5 Likes

I use 1 scoop in my oats to give it flavor. The rest of my protien comes from real foods

1 Like

Thanks for correcting my category bro, the drop down was working on my phone

2 Likes

Occasionally I’ll have beef or bison, but majority of it is chicken, ground turkey, and fish. For whatever reason, I’m not too fond of beef.

3 Likes

That sounds good bro

1 Like

Turkey sucks as a burger or meatloaf, but boy I will eat me some fucking hamburgers, all weekend

5 Likes

My mum likes turkey bacon, shits garbage

2 Likes

Any other way turkey is good though

1 Like

Haha you gotta flavor it right man! I mostly just make a giant pot of ground turkey with beans and such, very similar to what @TrenGod posted a while back

2 Likes

I just ate ground Turkey every day for the last 3 weeks. I hated it to begin with but I ate it because well, that’s what I was supposed to do. I did find that seasoning it similar to taco beef made it far more palatable

4 Likes

Yes on taco Tuesday’s the woman uses ground turkey and it’s good

2 Likes

I use one to two shakes per day mostly to meet calorie requirements and I’m not interested in force feeding. I am also on the go often and it is easier to drink my meals …

4 Likes

Here Tuscany, I eat boar and rabbit, both really high in protein and low in fat. In fact, if you eat only rabbit, you will die from lack of fat.

1 Like

Interesting

1 Like
Any communication between a site sponsor or source is strictly between the member and source directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.For advertising enquiries contact [email protected] dot com.