UGMuscle

Shoulder prehab/rehab

Haven’t had any questions yet which hopefully means we are all staying injury free, so forfeited is post some links for great shoulder exercises that can be used to avoid a shoulder injury as well as help you recover. There are a lot of fufu PT rehab exercises like empty cans, DB Ext rot etc that are great for a certain population but we are different. We need to get back to throwing heavy weights around correct? So these are more functional exercises to help you recover and get after it.
First is a kettle bell high pull. You can sub a DB in if you don’t have access to KB’s.

Perform 3 sets of 12-15 challenging reps

Next is an overhead hold. Loading the shoulders is a great way to increase strength and stability. Stability is one of the main reasons we injury our shoulder. Along with imbalances. I’ll talk about symmetry another time. Use whatever you have to hold overhead. Goal is body weight for 2min. This will take some time to get to, it’s harder the. You think. Remember form over anything else with these.

Next is a scapula pull up. These require pretty good body control. Be sure to not pull with the arms

Add these in a few times per week. I would do them in my warmup 3 sets of each like a super set but with a bit of rest in between. Do use on form

All of these links are free on YouTube so I think they are fine to share @Bigmurph

9 Likes

I have elbow issues on my left one, it comes and goes, I use glucosamine, and have 3 different straps/braces, and I know the things I can’t do… and never had a magor surgery or Injury,jus lucky I guess,although I’ve had my bell rung a number of times.

1 Like

Good posts. I need to more to loosen up my shoulders before working out. Thanks.

2 Likes

Join the club! Where is the elbow pain? Inside out side? What triggers it?

1 Like

Best I can say is,its coming from the Inside,and bottom, its not a constant pain by any means,it shoots the pain up to bicep,it’ll happen a few days then not happen, most the time the trigger is as small as, me reaching to turn radio up, or something that makes me fully extend it,I also know specifically it came as a result of throwing hay bales

Put your finger in it and send photo. Worried it may actually be bicep tendon

2 Likes

I used to say that first part to woman all the time

2 Likes

Blahahaha

My finger goes where?

1 Like

Where the pain is

1 Like

You know!

1 Like

Ok in truck on way home and and its awkward will have woman help me when I get home,stand by…

1 Like

Show me on the bear where the bad man touches you. Lol

4 Likes

I should state, it doesn’t go all the way up bicep, the bulk of it as at the elbow itself

1 Like

Ha ha

1 Like

Uncle no no touch

1 Like

@Kad1

My hips have been tight. Feel it on forward side … right at the crease when you sit. About center line of quad. Right side is worse than left.

Trying to stretch.

1 Like

Oh man I’m cracking up right now, but in all seriousness thanks for the info. Gotta keep those shoulders in shape.

1 Like

Try this. Build up to 1 min

1 Like

10-4. Will do

1 Like
Any communication between a site sponsor is strictly between the member and sponsor directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.