UGMuscle

Training thru knee surgery

So had a little set back yesterday. Moved funny in the shower( no I was not jerking off @Poppy ) sharp pain so bad that I fell into the wall. Got myself up figured it was nothing but today still not good.
Any how headed to the gym for little chest and back Pluta some easy knee stuff.
For both bench and pull-ups 100 reps
Bench 100 reps @135
Pull-ups [email protected] body weight.
Felt good sick pump. Try and do this as quickly as possible.

Straight leg raise 4x20
Quad set- 4x20sec hold

For breakfast just had 2 while eggs 2 whites w/ spinach. Cut my carbs because I don’t need them with my current level of exercise. I’ll add in at dinner to help with sleep.

7 Likes

Do you believe that you possibly hurt it in the shower?
I know its such a pain in the ass taking a shower with injuries

1 Like

That’s actually really good I don’t believe that I’ve ever gone for 100 reps on anything we used to rep 225lb for football alot of times but I never tried a lower weight except doing push-ups if that even counts lol

1 Like

I’m hoping not. Seeing the surgeon tomorrow.

1 Like

Yeah the old combine test. This is pretty tough if you take short tests. Also do BW for 100 reps

1 Like

I wish you the best and hope that you just irritated the injury

2 Likes

Yeah hopefully

That’s crazy I don’t know how many times I could rep 232.6lb weight as of this morning and I didn’t destroy the scale lol I was happy im moving in the right direction. I’m curious but I don’t do stuff like this anymore because of my arm. My bicep starts to really pull on the tendon and I stop immediately. It sucks I want to still lift heavy and do things like max rep heavy weight.

2 Likes

Just try the 135 then. Try and finish sub 4 min

2 Likes

Im going to actually do this today its my chest day I will burn out after everything with 135lb and see how many I can do

2 Likes

Time it and let me know

1 Like

I will post tonight or later today

1 Like

Ima going thru the same deal right now… knee brace and showers… figuring out how to train upper body only…sleeping comfortably…crutches and hills. Can’t drive with the straight brace so I got a set of those “select a weight” dumbells, bench, and pull up bar for the door frame. High reps low weight. Doing something is better then icing in bed and doing nothing.

3 Likes

I found the easiest way to take a shower with a knee injury is to put your bad leg outside of the shower and only have your good leg inside.
You will need something in the shower to grip for balance I would use the curtain rod and soap with the other hand. Definitely a towel on the floor it will get a little wet you just have to be careful but it makes it easier atleast for me when I had my boot on along time ago.

I commend you guys I wasn’t working out when my bicep popped except for physical therapy.

3 Likes

Yeah I just kept my
Leg out the first couple days and used a wash cloth to scrub myself down

1 Like

You got the trick down brother

1 Like

Oh shoot just reading this… hope you’re ok buddy. Darn. Maybe just some peripheral aches around the point of surgery?

Wifey had a boot (surgery on both of her feet) that I used for my knee. It goes about mid quad with a hand pump that sucks all the air out and keeps everything dry in the shower. Pretty heavy gauge rubber.

1 Like

Hope so. Hopefully just some irritation from him drilling holes

1 Like

Hope that’s all it is!!!

Any communication between a site sponsor is strictly between the member and sponsor directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.