UGMuscle

Upper chest weak point help

Upper chest weak point help

Relly trying to shape my body to get some weaker points dialed in before next cycle. My main weak point is upper chest. I fo a shit ton of incline (a lot more dumbells) but growth is slow. Also, do a lot of incline flys. What are some ways you got your upper chest to grow? For those who have faced the same problem and overcame it anything would help. Its definitely my main weak point except abs, but hard to diet with the holidays so I’ll try to add some mass.

Honestly what you say that you are already doing is what I would have recommended. The only other thing that I can think of is to switch up your motions and maybe add back in some barbell training.

I wish I had something better for you brother

1 Like

All good I’m strong as hell in all my lifts. Just not developed. I’m going to try eating more and do a clean mini bulk to see if that helps.

May add barbell back in just dont have a training partner so heavy heavy weight is limited.

Back is getting big, but been doing back and NIS. I’ll switch it up and see if confusion will help drive the muscle into growing faster.

1 Like

With no training partner a good way to go is an incline bench in a Smith machine so you can put up more weight. Smith incline really targets the top pectorals your not really using.to many stabalizer muscles so therefore everything is put on the upper chest. Set it up to where if your to do a pull up where the bar would meet the chest, that’s the sweet spot. Them from there iwould go right into a incline fly.

4 Likes

I’ll add more smith to the workout and try to really blow them up. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

try different grip positions as well and what made a big difference with me on everything was gripping the bar. some ppl don’t actually grip the bar tight on bench or any type of push. on every exercise i try to fully flex every muscle not just the ones im targeting at that machine

1 Like

Agree with @Raphael3636
Smith Machine incline then straight to incline cable flys (or even cable crossovers) as a super set. As long as diet, sleep etc is in check you’ll see growth. I had the same problem so switched to this before flat bench and it worked a dream.

2 Likes

Reverse grip bench, it targets upper chest. Its probably not gonna be your go-to, but it’s a solid exercise to add in.

5 Likes

Only because this worked for me… I used to just believe flat bench press, then incline bench press, then flat dumbbell press, and incline dumbbell press. But what really worked for me was when I rotated exercises for ex: flat bench barbell, incline dumbbell and vise versa. I liked to stay at a moderate weight and just go for about 15-18 reps, on top of that another useful tip I picked up was to always try and finish with some cable work or machines. Hope this helps you out brother!

3 Likes

I’ve had issues with upper chest forever. My fix for me has been 5x5 one week volume training next week. I start with incline. My point of a good workout it I struggle with flat bench. Another cheat I do to help is on shoulder day during seated military press, I move the seat back slightly from vertical. So it just a few degrees looking inclined. I have great pop and have noticed a more fullness in my chest to include my upper pec.

6 Likes

I’ve started that as well. Hopefully I’ll get some results from it plus it helps take the strain from the rotator cuff.

1 Like

Volume, volume, volume… even in your heavy training, volume… when I was still competing, I never relied on doing 5x5 or working up to just 1 heavy single in my workouts… I would hit 5’s until I couldn’t any more, 3’s until I couldn’t any more, and singles until I couldn’t move any more… a lot of times I would train squat and dead in the same day, so I would alternate how I trained them, but on bench my heavy work always included a lot of volume! Even in college when throwing shot put relied more on incline bench, it was volume volume volume. Otherwise, the exercises you list are good!

2 Likes

I hit volume hard Saturday did about 5 upper chest excercises 5 sets working down from 12 reps to 5

Jeff Nipard just did a YouTube video on this.
It’s worth checking out…

1 Like

Missed your comment I’ll have to look at it as soon as I can thanks!

1 Like

I always have success with circuits for putting on mass quick. For upper chest one I use is incline bar press 6 reps, take off 20%, amrap, take off 20%, amrap, cable crossovers 10-15 reps. Rest 2-3 mins repeat 3 circuits. No rest between sets. You start fairly heavy and get volume and hypertrophy.

If you have rotator cuff issues try “Arnold presses”. Those helped me get past a bad impingement. Also found a way to get knots out of sub scapularis. I use a closet pole rounded off and get at it from my armpit.

4 Likes

That’s good information

2 Likes

You know I’ve never done an Arnold press at in incline, I’ve always done it sitting up, targeting delts. I bet done on an incline it would be a great upper chest press… that’s good shit!

I’ll try it on chest day and let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

I’m gonna try it too. Too bad chest day was last night!

Any communication between a site sponsor or source is strictly between the member and source directly. Please check the laws of your country before you order any of their products. The onus is on the buyer, and the sponsor nor UGMuscle.com will not be responsible in any way if you break the laws of where you live.